I. Controller of data recording and storage
This privacy notice shall apply to the processing of data by Ralf Lemster Financial Translations GmbH, Alt-Sindlingen 3-5, 65931 Frankfurt/Main, Germany. Mr Ralf Lemster, Managing Partner, Alt-Sindlingen 3-5, 65931 Frankfurt/Main, Germany, e-mail: webinfo(at)rlft.de, T: +49 69 3756199-0, F: +49 69 3756199-9, shall serve as controller.
II. Collection and storage of personal data as well as nature, scope, context and purposes of the collection and storage of personal data
1. When visiting our website
As you visit our website www.rlft.de, the browser you are using on your terminal device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information will be stored temporarily in a so-called log file, without your participation. We store the following data, temporarily and until automatically erased:
- the IP address of your computer, or the computer you are using the access our website,
- date and time of your accessing our website,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- the website through which you access our website,
- the browser you use, and possibly the operating system running on your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
We collect and process this data so as to:
- ensure that the website connection is established flawlessly,
- ensure a comfortable, user-friendly use of our website,
- evaluate the security and stability of the system.
Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the EU GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of data. Our legitimate interest in collecting and storing this data results from the purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions regarding yourself.
2. When using our contact form
You may contact us with any questions, using the form on the “contact” page on our website. To understand who is contacting us, and of course also to be able to respond to your questions in a timely manner, we need a valid e-mail address and your full name. All other data is optional.
The processing – in the context of contacting us – is based on Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) of the EU GDPR; by using the contact form you are voluntarily giving consent to the processing of your personal data. The personal data we collect as you use the contact form will be automatically erased once your request has been handled.
3. Disclosure of data to third parties
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties, except for the following purposes, when we will do so as set forth in Article 6 of the EU GDPR if:
- you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) of the EU GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the EU GDPR, and there is no reason to believe that you have a compelling legitimate interest in non-disclosure overriding ours,
- there is a legal obligation to disclose the data pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (c) of the EU GDPR, and
- if it is lawful and necessary for the performance of a contract with you pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (b) of the EU GDPR, as is the case when you place an order through our website, for example.
Cookies store information tied to the terminal device you use, but this does not allow us to identify you.
Some of the cookies we use will be stored for a defined period of time after the end of your browser session and be may reactivated if you revisit our site. If you do not agree with that practice, you may adjust the settings of your internet browser to notify you about cookies and ask for your consent on a case-by-case basis, or to generally disable cookies.
If cookies are disabled in your browser, the usage/functionality of our website may be limited.
IV. No analysis tools or social media plugins
We currently do not use analysis tools or so-called social media plugins.
V. Your rights, as a visitor to our website
Your rights as a visitor to our website are a function of the EU GDPR. As a client-centric company, we take matters of data protection seriously. We therefore encourage you to contact us should you have any questions.
As a user of our website, you have the right to:
- request access to the personal data we process, pursuant to Article 15 of the EU GDPR. In particular, you may request access to the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data being processed, the recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period – if possible – and where this is not possible, the criteria used to define the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, any available information as to the source of your data, where the personal data has not been collected at RLFT, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about the details involved;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you that is stored with us, or to have incomplete personal data stored with us completed pursuant to Article 16 of the EU GDPR;
- to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you stored with us without undue delay, unless their processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims pursuant to Article 17 of the EU GDPR;
- to order the restriction of processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 18 of the EU GDPR where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal data, we no longer need the data, but you need it for an establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 of the EU GDPR;
- to receive the personal data you have facilitated to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have that data transmitted to another controller pursuant to Article 20 of the EU GDPR;
- to revoke your consent vis-à-vis us at any time pursuant to Article 7 (3) of the EU GDPR. Revocation results in us no longer being permitted to process the data as based on your consent.
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 of the EU GDPR. As a rule, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or our place of business.
1. Right to withdraw and to object
Of course you may withdraw your consent to the processing/storage of your data.
If we have stored/processed your personal data to safeguard legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if your objection relates to direct marketing purposes. In case of the latter, you have a general right to object that we will of course honour without undue delay.
If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw and object, please send an e-mail to webinfo(at)rlft.de.
VI. Protecting your data
It is important to us to protect both your and our data against loss, alteration and unauthorised access. We have technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your data against accidental or intentional alteration, loss in whole or in part, destruction or the unauthorised access through third parties. We of course regularly adjust these security measures in the process of keeping abreast with technical developments. At the moment, we are using the widely used SSL protocol (secure socket layer) together with the highest encryption level as supported by your browser/by the browser you use to access our website. As a rule, this would be 256-bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 instead.
VII. Validity and changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is valid as at May 2018.
It goes without saying that we strive to keep our website up-to-date as regards technology, and as a consequence we cannot rule out that changes to this privacy notice may be required in the future. Our valid privacy notice is available at any time on our website under www.rlft.de/service/data-privacy for you to access and print out.